Friday, February 15, 2013

SteacieLibrary

I'm suddenly struck with nostalgia. It's telling that I don't remember much from my childhood, but the little I do remember has to do with books. I really like to read a lot. My first books are gone now, but I still do fondly remember those times when I read them.

I'm revealing my age talking about these books. Then again, it's a shame some of these titles don't get the love they deserve, so hopefully by listing them here I could get others to read them.

Here they are, in no particular order:

The Supersmart Superpuzzle Book by Abbie Salny - was the first book I owned, it was a Christmas gift. Never could solve any of the problems though T_T

The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynn Reid Banks - very good series, I remember crying over some of the events in the series. I didn't take the deaths of the characters in the books very well.

Sherlock Holmes stories - I remember starting with "The Hound of the Baskervilles," then I eventually got a pocketbook with more stories. The pocketbook had an introduction by Ellery Queen, very cool. I was so into the books I tried to develop Sherlock Scanning... I was a weird kid, I know :)

Exit Sherlock Holmes by Robert Lee Hall - I at first thought that this was an authentic Conan-Doyle work I had somehow missed, but it turned out to be so good I cried multiple times during as well as after the reading of it.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I didn't really get the book's plot at first; I loved the part where Atticus Finch showed how much of a badass he was.

Encyclopedia Brown by Donald J. Sobol - I never did get to solve the cases consistently, then I later found out that Mr. Brown's methodology wasn't completely sound...

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg - this book taught me the power secrets have. It was also fun imagining myself in the lead character's place.

A Wrinkle in Time and A Wind in the Door, by Madeleine L'Engle - very original works, highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment