Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Failure

FOTOFELIPE2

It's unfortunate, but it seems like I'll have to give up on my Programming Languages course. The difficulty level increased with the past two lessons, and there's a lot of concepts I'm not familiar with. I thought I could handle the programming exercises, but... *sigh*

It's depressing when I get confronted with my lack of mastery. Then again, I suppose it's to be expected. I didn't study programming languages in college, and I should be thankful I can even code using the object-oriented paradigm. However, that's the only skill I've got, and I was hoping that learning the fundamentals would make me more prepared to handle other programming paradigms. Figures that I'd still need more fundamentals to work on the fundamentals. :(

I'm not giving up though, I'll try to get some references and get myself situated in the programming languages being used in the course. I won't be able to make the deadlines for the exercises anymore, but there's always the next time when they offer the lessons. I'm shifting focus from getting that certificate to learning the concepts. On the bright side, it gives me more time to train my martial arts and study Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment