Thursday, December 5, 2013

Realities I've learned because of what I got myself into

What's the difference between college-level and corporate programming?

How to take action in the face of limited knowledge

Life has been interesting these past months. The tester job I landed myself into got extended two more weeks, but at least there are now more of us so the work is less toxic. I have now officially worked support/maintenance, testing, and app development. Pretty soon I'll be taking some lessons on ISMS, hopefully to become an internal auditor. 

I'm still not happy about my coding skills though. I can really feel how out of my depth I sometimes am. Part of the problem is that this field is so big. Breadth and depth are out of this world. Never been good with something so loose and wild and unstructured. The above are just touching the tip of what I'm realizing so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment