Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Quiet Spots

There's a spot I like in the restaurant I eat in. The weather is almost always hot, but the view is worth it - trees and green grass, a creek (man-made, regrettably) running beside with lots of koi and the occasional duck; birds on the wing only to turn back and land again, a cycle I don't tire watching. Sometimes I see people pass by, people-watching is interesting too.

I eat some keema or falafel or beryani, then I finish off with yoghurt. I don't like having people around when I do this, it seems like a shame to spoil the silence. Pretty soon I have to go back to my monitor and my work area that's awash in artificial light. But for a while I can enjoy this. 

I like trees and open spaces. I could never live in any of the more cramped cities in my country. Even where I live and work there's not much space - there's always someone happening by on your business. Being with people tires me, more often than not. That's why I also like the dead of night - there's no one to bother you while you train or read or meditate. At night, I used to have a midnight snack of instant noodles, fried egg, bread, coffee, and sometimes french fries; I was young back then, okay? But nowadays I just have the coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment