Monday, August 5, 2013

One

I cringe thinking about myself years ago. It was all about one more point in the test, one more point to get the bare minimum to pass. Oh no, I failed, got to do better on the one test coming up next.

If I could just get one more card, my deck would be killer. One more book. One more hour staying up late, searching the Internet for the one thing that would make me badass.

My love didn't work out. Nevermind, the next one will be sure to be mine. The one right now is just a whore.

One more read-through, even though I fell asleep reading the course text last time.

These days I recognize that the me one second from now is someone who is not to be trusted.

Now when I train, it's always one more - one more minute, hold on. Stand for one more hour.

You only get one lifetime. Be an adult and swallow your pride. Don't give in to the monkey.

One more day until the weekend; one day closer to all those cool stuff that will be released that you absolutely have to read/play/experience. One more payday. One more thing to add to the budget.

One more wonder to discover. One more thing to learn. One less thing to worry about. One more thing that's not as important as it was before.


No comments:

Post a Comment