Thursday, March 7, 2013

Modern Rationalism (1897)

The Less Wrong wiki is a fount of very instructive articles on the subject of, in the words of the author, making sure the map matches the territory. The articles are very easy to digest, and I do recommend everyone to take the time to really absorb the concepts.

The past decade has opened up some really amazing fields of study - I wish I knew then about the existence of things like game theory, decision theory, and behavioral economics. I would have paid more attention in school. I'm making up for lost time though, and I am of the opinion that people everywhere regardless of their background or heritage would benefit greatly from taking careful note of how to be more rational. I would start with the wiki, then move on to Nicholas Nassim Taleb's and Robert Greene's books, Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations" (of which I'll be writing more about soon), and anything about Charlie Munger.

No comments:

Post a Comment