Sunday, August 3, 2014

Magic and other stuff

I've played it for some time now, so perusing Magic: the Gathering articles occasionally is something I tend to do even if at this point I no longer have anyone to play with. Right now I'm enjoying these three articles - on sideboards, mana curves, and optimal aggro decks.

I'm also recently getting into Team Fortress 2. I'm looking to Zeigon and  MrPaladin's YouTube channels for guidance. I'm gravitating toward the Spy class for some reason; I think it has a very exciting playstyle.

With work I have been recently introduced to the idea of Flat UI design. I'm playing with it on my current project, and I am looking to designmodo this time. What's interesting is that web designers use a lot of image editing. I'm thinking I need to start learning GIMP and Inkscape. This might be related somehow, I don't know; but it seems like it will lead to something promising. 

I'm really getting into UI and one good reference I found is Your Visual Blueprint for Designing Rich Web Pages and Applications. There's also this article on UI design patterns I'll be referring to a lot in future, so I'm posting it here.

Javascript is also something that's becoming an interest of mine, so I found myself this here reading list.

On the subject of cooking meanwhile, here's two things I'm meaning to try in the kitchen: a pasta with no-cook tomato sauce, and delicious veggie burgers.


No comments:

Post a Comment